dimanche 21 octobre 2007

Our lady Venus


Steve Willner's latest 10-minute meta-episode is up over at his sight (Labyrinth of the Psychonaut). It's a beauty.

It should be noted that the Venus Flytrap was originally named the VENUS Flytrap because people actually thought they came from the planet Venus. I don't remember the exact details, but a meteorite crashed in a field near a small American town at the end of the 19th century (back when Venusians and Martians were popular), and the next morning hundreds of Venus Flytraps had grown inside of the crater. True story (or not, I don't really know, I wasn't there).

I mentionned the Inca goddess Orejona in my recent "Blue-skinned aliens" meta-article. The Incas and pre-Inca tribes believed that the blue-skinned, amphibious Venusians created the human race using some of their own genetic material about 5 million years ago, "when Venus first arrived in the Heavens". I like the idea of an extremely advanced extraterrestrial civilization using their planet as a starship (surrounding it with a "warp field", I suppose), travelling from one solar system to another, as a form of militant PANspermia.

A breathtakingly beautiful, blue-skinned Venusian goddess, descending from her mothership, to reproduce with the primitive awe-stricken ape-men, playing her part in our evolution, as so many others after her will as well. I wish I could have been there. To take pictures, I mean.


Btw, according to the Incas, it was the Venusians who brought the BEES to Earth. Interesting, no?

3 commentaires:

soundlessdawn a dit…

In Little Shop of Horrors.. They made reference to the alien coming from Venus.. Odd that these plants Vampirically thrive on blood.. I can't believe there is something that links Bees and Venus.. WoW

Adam Star a dit…

Stay tuned to the ongoing Heroes guide for another surprising correlation with Little Shop of Horrors.

FilmNoir23 a dit…

The Bee/Blue/Venus connection is about to get bigger. In progress...hope to have it out this week.