samedi 27 décembre 2008

The number of death

The elevator I use practically every day to go to the third floor of my local library, where the rows of computers and free internet are, has a strange feature: a button for a hypothetical fourth floor, which does not work.

There is a small sign on the wall saying: This elevator does not go up to the fourth floor.

There is a number four above the door, where the numbers light up. But it is written in a stylized manner, very similar to the astronomical and astrological symbol for Jupiter (which is supposed to represent a lightning bolt. Really?).

This is frustrating to me, since I believe myself to be the reincarnation of Achilles, the one destined to dethrone Jupiter. Is he synchro-mystically mocking me, telling me that I couldn't go up to his level even if I wanted to?

Just a thought.

8 commentaires:

Michael a dit…

Well, you ARE on third floor, which is considerably better than one or two? Interesting that the library is on the third, perhaps representing reason, the ego, left brain, etc.

Level 4 is paradoxically accessed by going DOWN the tree, which might be called embracing the (so-called) dark side, Luke?

Cheers, Michael

Da WWWiz a dit…

Hey JB,

How are you? I hope U and Yours are enjoying this Un-holiday season.

It is interesting that you associate this stylized 4 with some kind of Death. 13 is 1+3=4, and I'm sure you're aware that 13 is paired with the tarot card Death.

The Hebrew pairing for death if the letter Nun, which also means hook.

Jupiter is = J. Zeus or just Jesus. Jesus calls upon followers to be fishers of men.

Furthermore, in the far east, 4 is unlucky in the same way 13 is unlucky in the western mind. Japanese for Four means Death.

Where in the Blazes is this library anyway? I`d like to visit that fourth floor.

Pax Good Maestro.

ViølatoR a dit…

Wait, you're Achilles? I was just thinking about Achilles because of his "Achilles heel." Saggitarius aims his arrow through the center of the Milky Way into the heart of Scorpio. But first, the arrow must pass the foot of Ophiuchus, the 13th sign of the zodiac. I thought it was quite coincidental that the arrow might hit his foot when it enters the center of the Milky Way...

Michael a dit…

Hi JB,

I was just thinking about you and how much I enjoyed your presence. Achilles was my friend. I hope you are doing fine, and if you ever want to talk or email, just click on my profile, there's an email link.

Cheers,

Michael

JB a dit…

Hey Michael,

I've left a comment for you on your sight after "Twenty Helens Agree".

Michael a dit…

Hi JB, since all the recent Jupiter, Tiger Woods synchs out there, I came back to read this Jupiter 42 post, and I was wondering if you could point me to something esoteric (or what not) that Achilles will dethrone ol' Jup? I'm working on a "changing of the guards/gods" post. :-)

Cheers, M

JB a dit…

Michael,

I've left the info you asked for in the comments section of "Rhapsody in Two". Hope it helps.

adeoe a dit…

Well, you ARE on third floor, which is considerably better than one or two? Interesting that the library is on the third, perhaps representing reason, the ego, left brain, etc.

Level 4 is paradoxically accessed by going DOWN the tree, which might be called embracing the (so-called) dark side, Luke?

Cheap GW2 gold
buy cheap GW2 Gold